Monday, October 3, 2011

Bento Straps

Once upon a time I bought a couple bento straps. I bought the cutest one I could find (the heart) and a two-pack of another strap.

From Instant Upload
That's when I decided the world needed cuter bento straps. I tried my hand at several designs after looking online at what I could purchase if I lived someplace like Japan or Singapore.

From Instant Upload
Ribbon with elastic. Cute, but there are definite limitations to the stretchiness of them. Still, they're functional and I use them regularly.

From Instant Upload
Elastic with shaped buttons. These have become by far my favorite. The downside I found is that I don't particularly like white elastic. I found some black elastic, too, but was done making bento straps by that time, so it didn't happen. White elastic is fine, but as you can see by the pink and green bento straps, it gets dirty. Ellie tends to put the straps into the bento box, so food gets on it. You can wash them, but jello just isn't that forgiving. Still, very functional, and pretty stinkin' cute if I do say so myself.

So now I have found a source for some elastic that is fun and there are actual serious plans to open that etsy bento shop I thought about before. Now I'm just trying to figure out how much it really costs to make a bento strap and what a fair price to sell them for is.

Decisions, decisions... 

No comments:

Post a Comment